Friday, May 6, 2011

Job Interview



I am so glad that I am no longer in the dating scene. I hated going on dates! It is funny I say that though because I actually dated a lot in my singles days. I have been told I should write a story about some of my dating experiences. One great thing about being married is I no longer have to deal with the drama.
 Really, a first date is no different than a job interview. You show some interest and if they are interested in return you normally will get a phone call. You sit and think about what you should wear, because you want to look your best. Once you are at dinner that is where the interview begins. Your date will sit and ask you a series of questions to which you reply with your best answer, because everyone tries to be on their best behavior on a job interview. You know you landed the job if they call you after the date and want to take you out again. What really sucks is when you find out you actually never landed it at all. They just wanted to do a second interview. Often times though you find out that there have been many others who have also interviewed for the same position and so the “interviewer” just needs time to decide who they feel would be the best candidate for the position. More times than not, the job does not work out. Either you quit or they tell you that you are not quite what they were looking for. The “it’s not you it’s me” type thing.
There are many jobs (dates) I never did land. Even though I thought the interview was going fantastic, I was proven wrong. The “don’t call me I will call you” type thing. I found that I was a bit too much for a lot of guys. Some guys did not know how to handle my out spoken personality. In fact I have even had a couple guys tell me that they are looking for someone who is more soft spoken and does not really have much of an opinion. I am not even kidding. I was told that! I am proud of those guys though. Because shortly after our interview, they hired females who were dumber than a bag of rocks. They found what they were looking for so Bravo to them for not giving up!
Here is what I have noticed. Back in my singles days I attended church for single people. Every now and again you would get a really pretty petite new girl with no personality. All of the guys would of course flock to her and try to win an interview. The girl would of course giggle and act like she had no idea that guys thought this way about her. Within a matter of months or weeks (literally), that girl would be engaged. While in the mean time there were a bunch of pretty girls who remained or still are single. I am talking about the women who have great personalities that actually have an opinion and are intelligent! I am talking about the women who stand up for what they believe in and do not have air for a brain.
It still boggles my mind that the dumb pretty ones were always chosen first. I even tried giving these women the benefit of the doubt. So I tried to get to know them to see what all the hype was about. I had to stop though because trying to have an actual conversation with these girls that all the guys went gaga over was about as interesting as watching someone clip their toe nails.

- Onion Girl


No comments:

Post a Comment